As the reopening of Plough Lane gets ever closer, SW19 is planning to do some more updates in the near future.
Obviously there’s a lot that’s gone by in the last three decades, and while I believe I have quite a good (long term) memory – I can’t remember everything.
Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase – I’m looking for resources from around 1990/91 to 1998/99 from the following:
- Articles in WFC programmes about returning home to Merton – and especially anything Sam Hammam said.
- Newspaper clippings along the same lines.
- Anything on moving to the Dog Track in the mid 1990s.
- Stuff from WISA/WFSC/SWIM/SAM from that era. If you recognise those acronyms, you’ll be the right age 😉
- Anything else you think I should be aware of.
Links would be great, ditto scanned images, but even just a simple “Hammam said something in this programme from 1994 that you might want to read” reply will be much appreciated.
I have access to most of the 1990s programmes, plus Grapevine and other WFC related fanzines from that era.
There’s going to be a lot of writing by many people on our homecoming, but I expect much if not most of it will be from the AFCW era.
What I want to do is focus a bit more on the stuff from the early days of Selhurst and the other stuff that has otherwise got lost in time.
I imagine there will be a lot of bullshit written from back then, and it will be the perfect time to drag it all back into the open and left on display.
Revenge is a dish served cold, after all.
If you can help, just click on Contact or email me at the usual address.
It’s been a long while to wait to dig this stuff up again…..